Friday 16 September 2011

Team trip to Malaba

The team were travelling through to Malaba (which is close to the borders with Uganda) for a meeting with the cluster coordinators for the EmONC (Emergency Obstetric and Neonatal Care ) project. On the way, we saw an overturned truck. I later found out that the accident had happened yesterday, a matatu driver had been driving behind a truck and seen it start to topple. The matatu driver jumped out trying to save himself, and the matatu continued travelling with no driver. Sadly, the driver got killed as the truck toppled on him. I can't believe how many road traffic accidents occur, it’s so sad. People drive at crazy speeds, and overtake at every opportunity.
The cluster coordinators were filling in questionnaires in preparation for the closing of the project, we discussed any difficulties they were experiencing, and also how each cluster was doing in terms of meeting their 80% target.
Here I am with Prof, and Dr Gisore

Working with Colleta on the cluster questionnaires
The Global Network Team with the Cluster Coordinators


The journey back was long, and there was a lot of traffic coming back into Eldoret.
Ergh – had a power cut right in the middle of my clothes wash tonight. This is something I'm going to have to get used to!

2 comments:

  1. Hello my friend!
    Were just in to look for some lions or zebras, didn´t you go to the Masai Mara with to lovely swedes? Just kidding!!!
    Have a lovely time, I e-mailed with Jane about the rescue center so I hope I´ll have interesting information in a week or so.
    Big hugs from your running partner in Sweden;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tess!!! So lovely to hear from you running partner :) Yes - sorry I did go to the Masai Mara with two lovely Swedes, but you're way ahead of me - i'm so behind at writing up my blog...but don't worry, you will be reading about my time with both you and JJ soon!Glad the chapati receipe arrived ok! Speak soon, and let me know about the rescue centre! Amy xx

    ReplyDelete