Monday 19 September 2011

My next training session

Had a good training session this morning. One of my colleague's asked me to clarify that if working with continuous data, did you still need to check for normality, if going on to analyse with an ANOVA model? She explained that she’d never done this before in her career, and was grateful that I’d made her aware of it. I’m glad they will take something away from my sessions.

When explaining variability, signal to noise ratios and decision making, the original example in the training was the journey from home (Manova) to work. The two methods of transport were a train or car. I changed the example to be applicable here; by taxi or matatu, from Lion School (on the Nandi road) to the Moi University. When I asked which method they would recommend and why they would make this recommendation. The things the group came up with made me smile. Some of the examples included things like the taxi not arriving on time, the matau breaking down, the matatu driver falling sick, the taxi driver getting a puncture/stuck in mud etc

This evening I went out running along the Uganda road. Almost got intoxicated with car fumes there was so much traffic. It’s probably not the best route to take. I chatted to friends back home on Skype. It was so nice to hear from them. Made me realize how much I’m missing everyone back home! I spoke to my brother as well. Seems like I chat to him more now I’m out in Africa compared to when I’m at home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment