Tuesday 27 September 2011

Run for Good

We discussed the Run for Good at the EmONC (Emergency Obstetric and Neonatal Care )
meeting this morning. The team anticipate a really good response (around 1000 participants). They said any run in Kenya attracts many people. We discussed how any money raised would be distributed amongst the 8 clusters, and each cluster would write a report detailing how the money would be spent. Following the meeting, I helped Betsy summarise the challenges, difficulties and achievements faced by the clusters from the EmONC meeting in Bumula. Went out to buy gifts for people back home. There’s an awesome gift shop in town, called Roberts. He sells a lot of crafts and jewellery (must make quite a bit of cash - I saw some bowls which they'd been selling by the Equator for KSH1000, whilst he was charging KSH1500. He explained it was because his bowls were only made from the finest wood!). Also, made another trip to the Imani workshop – I love this place!
I took some photos of the workers below:


Judith is my colleague in the middle. The two ladies either side work at the Imani workship

I helped my house mate, Grace load Skype onto her computer, as she is also travelling back to Tanzania soon, and wants to keep in contact with the other students off her course..3 days and it's UK here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment