Tuesday 13 September 2011

Team spirit

There are so many data issues with the questionnaires that i'm working on, and it's frustrating because the sites are either taking a long time to reply, or don't reply at all. Now I can sympathise with the data-managers back home. I'm sorry for all the times that I've chased them for data, I take it all back now! 
 
Feeling a little frustrated too, as I analysed the data using absolute differences, later to be told that the results were different from the national results. When we looked further into it, it turned out the populations were different pre- and post- training, and so I should have been looking at percentages. Ergh!

My colleague had a call from the college administration office to say that her brother had been arrested with no reason why. She was upset he'd been arrested, but so relieved that he was alive. She was to travel over to the borders to help get him out of jail. Families really pull together here, there's such a sense of team spirit when family members are in need of help, the other members don't even hesitate to help out. My other colleague was back in the office, feeling much better. Her blood-slide had come back negative for malaria, so that's good news. She thought perhaps she was suffering with exhaustion. The reasons for time off work here are a little different to our reasons back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment