Monday 29 August 2011

Will the rainy season ever end?


It had rained all through the night, and was still raining when I woke up this morning. I'm wondering if the rainy season will ever end, and also how it's going to affect the turnout at training this morning. I was thinking about the street seller’s, and open air mechanics and how the weather would mean a day’s loss in their wages. Also, my colleagues were explaining they need a dry September for the maize, as it needs to dry out. The rainy season started late this year, and so is happening later on in the year. I hope it's going to dry out soon, given the impact on planting and crop growth.
I was all set up to start training at 8am, but no one had arrived (apart from the data manager, who had arrived early to help me set up my laptop!) At 8.15, I was kicked out, as the room was needed by someone else for training. I managed to get set up in training room 3, but no luck finding an overhead projector. I ran the workshop with everyone huddled around my laptop, which wasn't ideal, but we managed. I ran a couple of break out groups. I think the session went ok, but we don't seem to be getting through much in each of the sessions, as the doctors have tight schedules, and need to get away after the hour.
I continued working on the pre- and post- training questionnaires and converting them into SAS datasets. There is mention of a holiday here because of Eid. I think it will fall either on Wednesday or Thursday. No one is really sure at the moment, but I'm learning to be flexible here. Besides, it makes up for us missing out on the Bank holiday back home today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment