Sunday 28 August 2011

Mauled by a Mosquito!

Managed out to the supermarket this morning- I ought to get one of these SMART cards that they keep talking about. I could be saving myself some points! As I was walking up to the supermaket, I saw the most incredible balancing act, and managed to get a photo:

In the afternoon I headed out to the Sally Test Paediatric centre. Charlotte* was back to her usual self, and it was really nice to have her back :) I helped out again with the babies, as they were short of helpers. The older children were watching Hansel and Gretel. Then when it came to an end, we had some time before closing and taking the children back to the wards. The teacher was preoccupied with getting the babies fed, and changing their nappies, and asked whether I could occupy the older children....eek, I grabbed one of the story books and read them a book on respect, and taking care of each other. Another teaching assistant was able to translate into Swahili. The director, supervisor and manager were over for a weeks’ training. After taking the kids down to the ward, I left and prepared for my training session tomorrow morning. I sent out a reminder text to all my colleagues. I found some more evidence of my furry friend in my bedroom and I think a mosquito must've gotten caught under my mosquito net, as I've noticed a line of bites all the way up my arm, on my back, and shoulders which have started to itch like crazy :(
*I’ve changed the names in this posting

1 comment:

  1. I recall once being mauled by several mojito’s down some Mexican bar on Brewer St.

    ReplyDelete