Tuesday 18 October 2011

A broken camera and another attempt at making chapatis

Tess, Janice and Me
Went to Poa Place to swim in the morning, and then worked on the questionnaire data again to discuss wtih the Professor. The Professor has such a busy schedule it's been difficult to meet up with him...I'm not even sure what's happening about our trip to Kisumu to meet the other PULSE volunteers and the arrangements for our travel!At lunchtime, I popped out to see Margaret the dressmaker. She had finished my kitengue, it looks great, but she'd put a black sash in for the belt, which I didn't like, so asked if she could replace it with the same material as the dress itself. She had to make slight adjustments to the sleeves too, but it would be ready that evening for me to collect. Tess and Janice had invited the nursing students round for dinner. I collected my kitengue after work, and it looks lovely!
Janice, Jesse, Tess, Naiomi and Carol
Janice also wore her kingue, and Tess wore her African skirt. We were all feeling quite Kenyan. Tess and Janice had made an omelette with salad, and Carol and Naiomi made chapatis, whilst we took notes so we could do it again ourselves. It all tasted delicious. Unfortunately, I brought out my camera to show everyone my pictures, and it broke - just froze. I'm gutted, especially as I'm off the Masi Mara this coming weekend!
Naiomi making chapatis

After everyone had left, I skyped Shane, and had a skype hug. Although I had a lovely evening tonight, and it's so nice to have new house mates too... I'm missing everyone back home loads!
Carol washing up.


1 comment:

  1. Lazy, lazy, lazy, don't you know we with no lives hang on every word we read in blogs like yours and tailor our lives to aspire to such greatness. A chapati recipe would have been useful, I could have amazed my friends with my worldly culinary prowess, that is if I had real ones not just cyber buddies. Still I could have plagiarised wildly on my blog if you had thought on.

    Look out for my next book, 'Fantastic bread recipes from around the world, and other culinary stuff'.

    What's this prove I'm not a robot thing?

    ReplyDelete